The Government Commission emerged with the approval of the Municipal Law of Catalonia in January 1934 and produced a change in the functioning of the municipal administration. All the populations with more than 10,000 inhabitants happened to be administered and directed by the Commission of Government that met weekly, whereas the Plenary session happened to meet once a month.
The Government Commission was made up of the Mayor and four Councilors. Each was in charge of a department and chaired a Commission in charge of the affairs of the departments for which he was responsible.
The books of minutes of the Government Commission that are preserved in the Historical Archive of the City of Badalona include the agreements of the sessions between 1934 and 1938.