The Municipal Board of Associated spokesmen was a body made up of councilors and an equal number of taxpayers. From the Law of Town Councils of 1870 and the subsequent one of 1877, the Board was assigned the task of approving the budgets, intervening in the contracting of works, personnel and patrimony, as well as the establishment of arbitrators.
The Board of Associates disappeared with the approval of the Statute of 1924 which meant the adoption by the town councils of the organization that had the provincial councils. At that time the Permanent Municipal Commission was created with another composition and different functions.
The minutes of the Municipal Board of Associates that are preserved in the Historical Archive of the City of Badalona cover the period from 1872 to 1896. These are bound by the minutes of the Plenary and, in addition, there are four books from 1901 to 1924 which, for the time being, cannot be consulted online yet.